The main objective of factoring services is that it helps to use the cash reserves you have in so many other ways instead of waiting to pay for you. This makes your daily functions much easier and faster.There is various trucking factoring company and you need to pick either recourse or Non Recourse factoring as per your need.
There may be various terms used which are unfamiliar to you dealing with factoring services. A glossary is published by USA Census Bureau in
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/reference/definitions/index.html which may be easily accessible.
Recourse Factoring Services
Let me start with an example so you will understand the concept much faster. When you have taken a decision to go with recourse factoring the amount paid is almost equivalent to 90% of the total amount. This is done by factoring company thinking that the company will be paying the entire amount completely. Once the amount is received in full then the financing factor returns you the remaining 10% of the money and request a fee for the service they have done.
This type of factoring is advantageous only if there is the possibility of repaying it back if not then the debtor will be chased to pay the amount due.It is less expensive . The company is responsible for all the payment dues and have to face them all by themselves.
Non Recourse Factoring Services
Many people confuse factoring to be something similar to loan but it isn’t. In non recourse factoring, the firm has all rights to get the amount paid as they have provided the products.This is taken care by a factoring company.
The amount paid initially to the company is not higher as in recourse factoring but the transaction fee will be more.The highest probability of risk involved is the main reason why factoring companies do more research before accepting to do the factoring.The trustworthiness is checked and if they are returning customers then the process gets speeded up.
The factoring company is responsible for the overall payment and we can let them handle it on your behalf. In non recourse factoring, the company doesn’t ask for any guarantee from the company.
The next major example of non recourse factoring is the credit insurance, but this is allowed only for larger companies. Credit insurance means they ensure the receivable just in case they go bad. If there are any fraud people who didn’t pay the money they owe then you need not worry as you are no way going to be affected by that. It is not even mandatory to send them notifications to pay the amount in time. On a side note, all the businesses should be insured when they have decided to take non recourse factoring due to risk factor.
If your business has clients who don’t have a reliable payment history, then this type of factoring is for you. That as just an example but you never know whom to trust. The company which was running in profit last year would have gone down this year, so to always be on the beneficial side go with non recourse factoring. [...]